A boiler is a sealed system that contains the combustion of fuel, including coal, oil, natural gas ,and wood to heat water. Boilers use hot water distributed throughout the building in pipes to provide heat. This allows for individual controlled heat to each room, or zoning.

  • Steam and Hot Water
  • Gas
  • Oil fuel
  • Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger

  • Cast Iron Section Seals

  • Stainless/Allow Burners

  • Propane Convertible

  • Warranty

The efficiency of boilers is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). AFUE is a measure of how efficient the unit is in converting energy from its fuel source to heat over the course of a typical year. AFUE is the ratio of annual heat output of the boiler compared to the annual fossil fuel energy consumed by a furnace. An AFUE rating of 95% means that 95% of the energy in the fuel type becomes heat for the building and the other 5% escapes to the outside of the building through the ventilation system. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires all new boilers to display their AFUE ratings so consumers can compare their different efficiencies.

Older units have a rating of 56%-70% AFUE rating. Newer non-condensing units have a 80%-88% AFUE rating. Newer condensing units have an 89%-95% AFUE rating. Condensing units have a secondary heat exchanger for better efficiency. Based on the US National Average for 2017, an 80% AFUE unit would save over $7,500 vs a 60% AFUE over 15 years.  A 90%+ AFUE unit would save over $10,000 over 15 years.

Look for models that are easy to service by a professional, most units need service once a year.

Some models come with the following accessories:

  • Optional Stand

  • Wall Mount Kit

  • Concentric Vent Kit

    • Simplify installation and only require one hole through the wall or roof where the pipes terminate. Without using these vents, the installation would require cutting two holes through the home, one for each pipe. These vents save time and money by reducing the amount of work required.

How can we help you?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.