Ductless heating and cooling systems offer a range of benefits for Springfield area homeowners. Also referred to as ductless mini split systems or duct free systems. Unlike central air conditioning and heating systems, these units do not require ducting to treat the air. They can be used in residential and light commercial applications.
For most applications, exactly the same as a traditional system! Cooling coils carrying refrigerant help to remove heat and humidity from your home’s air, and your unit’s blower fan helps disperse the cold air. The hot air is released to the outside from the condenser. The compressor helps move the refrigerant through the coils and the condenser to cool the air for the blower to send into your home! Another fan sends the hot air through the condenser, while a filter removes things like dust and dander from the air. Finally, the thermostat regulates the amount of cold air that is being distributed to your home.
- Heat Pump, the standard ductless system in the Miami valley is a heat pump system. The heat pump provides cooling and heating needs which works well with our weather.
- Air Conditioning only, we do offer some unit that provide Air conditioning only, in the Miami Valley this typically applies to commercial applications
- Ductless systems come in single zone or multi zone operations.
- Single zone operation is preferred for bringing comfort to a single area.
- Multi zone operation is preferred for controlling comfort in multiple areas and a single condenser can connect up to five indoor units.
- There are also different indoor options available for installation in unique situations.
- High Wall, installed with a mounting plate, these units do well where there is adequate wall space and the unit’s airflow will be unobstructed.
- Cassette, installed in the ceiling, this application is great for homes, offices, and any special situation where a high wall unit may not work.
- Floor Console, Where a high wall or cassette application doesn’t work, a floor console may work. They take up very little space and do not obstruct windows.
- Under ceiling, this application is for special circumstances where the unit is exposed instead of hidden.
- Ducted, using the same outdoor unit, these ducted indoor units can be set up to provide a more traditional set up.
Whether it is one area or more, ductless systems provide energy efficient heating and cooling comfort to your home or business. Depending on the model, you can expect each unit to keep you cold or warm depending in the season, no matter how bad it gets. Not only are the units quiet but they improve the air quality to keep your air clean and healthy.
Most models qualify for utility rebates, check with your provider for details.
- Bryant Ductless Systems use inverter technology, making them more energy efficient, quieter and able to provide more constant and comfortable temperatures and humidity. This technology enables the compressor to adjust its speed to heating or cooling needs. With a noise rating as low as 26dB(A), the outdoor sound of a Bryant Ductless System can be equal to normal speech or a dishwasher.
- Each Bryant Ductless System comes with a 10-year limited warranty and 10-year compressor limited warranty. The warranties are for original purchasing owners who submit their registrations within the required 90-day period.
- Depending on the model, ductless systems can provide consistent cooling capacity from -22° F to 122° F and heating at 100% from -22° F to 86° F.
- Energy Efficiency
- SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating)
- SEER is a ratio of the amount of cooling produced (BTU) divided by the amount of electricity (watts) used. The difference between SEER and EER is that SEER accounts for changes in outside temperature instead of just one temperature. EER should be used as a comparison when the outside temperature is consistently over 95 degrees F.
- The higher the SEER the greater the outdoor condenser efficiency could be. We offer ductless systems from 17 to 42 SEER.
- HSPF (High Seasonal Performance Factor)
- Represents the total heating output of a heat pump (including supplementary electric heat) during the normal heating season (in Btu) as compared to the total electricity consumed (in watt-hours) during the same period. We offer ductless options with a HSPF range from 9.0 to 15.0
Some models are Energy Star qualified with a SEER rating of up to 42 SEER and a HSPF rating of up to 15.
With normal maintenance and care, most systems last over 20 years. Ductless systems require some basic maintenance to operate at their peak level year-round. Make sure to keep the filters and coils clean.
Benefits of Maintenance
- Prolongs equipment efficiency
- Promotes healthy clean air
- Supports lower utility costs
- Guards against unexpected failures
- Prolongs equipment life
- Keeps your equipment warranty valid
- Removes condensation by way of a pump.
- Device that allows you to control remotely.
- Carries the refrigerant from the coil in the outdoor unit to the coil in the indoor unit.
Line Set Cover
- Protects the line set from damage by Ultraviolet light, weather, and other sources.
- Concrete or plastic, designed to keep outdoor unit off the ground and level.
Wall Mount Bracket
- Mounts indoor unit in convenient location.
- Allows condensers to operate in cooling mode all the way down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit by preventing high speed winds from reversing the rotation of the fan.
- In 1959 the first single zone ductless system was created. achrnews.com
- Another name used for Ductless Systems is Mini-Splits
- Wall mounted units are the most typical type of installation, the make up about 75% of the toal sales of ductless systems. achrnews.com
- Duct losses can account for more than 30% of energy consumption for space conditioning, especially if the ducts are in an unconditioned space such as an attic. Energy.gov