Ductless heating and cooling systems offer a range of benefits for Springfield area homeowners. Also referred to as ductless mini split systems or duct free systems. Unlike central air conditioning and heating systems, these units do not require ducting to treat the air. They can be used in residential and light commercial applications.
How it works, These systems are composed of an exterior heat pump unit which is connected to one or more inside air handler units. With a small footprint and no duct work required they offer versatile installation options. A new system can be used to address a problem area of the home or business, as part of a renovation, new construction, and light commercial application.
High wall single zone system
- Designed to provide comfort to a single individual area of your home or business.
Multi zone system
- Can control up to eight zones with only one outdoor unit for personalized comfort of your home or business.
Whether it is one area or more, ductless systems provide energy efficient heating and cooling comfort to your home or business. Depending on the model, you can expect each unit to keep you cold or warm depending in the season, no matter how bad it gets. Not only are the units quiet but they improve the air quality to keep your air clean and healthy.
Most models qualify for utility rebates, check with your provider for details.
- Indoor Air Quality, the indoor air handler utilizes a filter to keep your air clean and healthy.
- Efficient, up to 42 SEER and 15 HSPF, to keep utility bills low while providing heating and cooling needs
- Quiet, some indoor units go down to as low as 19 DB, which is quieter than a whisper. The outdoor units can go down to 58db, keeping noise pollution to a minimum
- Installation flexibility, single wall systems, multi zone systems, ceiling or cassette application, and floor mounted. Control can be wall mounted wired or wireless, a handheld controller, or connected to a smart device.
- Smart Controls, Some units can be connected to your smart device remotely giving you complete control over your system, no matter where you are. Multi zone systems can be controlled from a remote giving complete control over different systems.
Some models are Energy Star qualified with a SEER rating of up to 42 SEER and a HSPF rating of up to 15.
With normal maintenance and care, most systems last over 20 years. Ductless systems require some basic maintenance to operate at their peak level year-round. Make sure to keep the filters and coils clean.
Benefits of Maintenance
- Prolongs equipment efficiency
- Promotes healthy clean air
- Supports lower utility costs
- Guards against unexpected failures
- Prolongs equipment life
- Keeps your equipment warranty valid
- Removes condensation by way of a pump.
- Device that allows you to control remotely.
- Carries the refrigerant from the coil in the outdoor unit to the coil in the indoor unit.
Line Set Cover
- Protects the line set from damage by Ultraviolet light, weather, and other sources.
- Concrete or plastic, designed to keep outdoor unit off the ground and level.
Wall Mount Bracket
- Mounts indoor unit in convenient location.
- Allows condensers to operate in cooling mode all the way down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit by preventing high speed winds from reversing the rotation of the fan.